We define personal information as any and all of the information specific to you that you provide us over the Internet or any other channel. This includes personal data as varied as the information you enter into an online registration form, questions you ask via Email, or information you enter on a contest form. Outlined below is our policy in the format of frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does CINOA collect personal information?
- How does CINOA use my personal information?
- Will CINOA disclose any of my personal information?
- How does CINOA use my IP address?
- How long does CINOA keep collected data?
- Will I be able to request changes to my personally identifiable information?
When does CINOA collect personal information? Back to Top.
CINOA collects your name, Email address, and other personal information when you:
- Enter giveaways or other promotions sponsored by CINOA and/or our partners
- Send us Email
How does CINOA use my personal information? Back to Top.
CINOA uses personal information as appropriate in the normal course of our business to provide the products and services you have requested. We also use this information to provide positive identification of you when you contact us. On occasion, we also send email updates on services and other materials we believe may be of importance or interest.
CINOA also uses personal information to provide you, the user, with a personalized web experience when visiting our site. By knowing a little about you, CINOA is able to deliver more relevant content and advertisements, and hence a better service, to you.
Will CINOA disclose any of my personal information? Back to Top.
CINOA will not disclose any of your personal information, except as described below, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to protect the rights or property of CINOA.
CINOA may disclose personal information, but only when it is clearly stated at the time we ask for the information, such as during registration, or in the rules of a giveaway or other promotions.
CINOA does disclose user statistics to describe our audience to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. These statistics are always anonymous and never related back to specific users. For example, we may disclose that 20% of our audience are doll collectors, but we would not release a list of email addresses for this group (or any other).
Other CINOA partners, such as Internet sites and services accessible through CINOA or parties whom we inform you are collecting data in connection with giveaway or other promotions, have their own, separate privacy and data collection practices independent of CINOA, and CINOA has no responsibility or liability in connection with these.
The term "cookies" refers to very small bits of information that a web site such as CINOA may store on your computer. This information is then sent back to us (and only to us) the next time you visit our web site.
- Access information about past visits to our site so that we can deliver a more personalized service to you.
- Access information on our computers to maintain your account, if you have registered with us.
- Estimate our audience size.
- Determine how often you visit our site.
- Target ads based on your interests.
How does CINOA use my IP address? Back to Top.
IP addresses are the unique ID assigned to your computer while connected to the Internet, for example, 126.96.36.199 is an IP address. CINOA uses IP addresses for system administration (for example, tracking down problems accessing our web site) and to determine which parts of our site are most frequently accessed. IP addresses are never released to third parties.
How long does CINOA keep collected data? Back to Top.
Will I be able to request changes to my personally identifiable information? Back to Top.
Yes. We want you to remain in control of your personal data. If, at any time, you want to update or delete your personal data, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- If you are a CINOA member you can amend your details by logging into the member area on this site, or contact the CINOA Secretariat.
- If you are an affiliated dealer, contact the association through which you are affiliated to CINOA.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We not disclose your personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, unless you first affirmatively agree to that disclosure. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us using the Email CINOA link below. Please reference your request as "California Disclosure Information."
FOR EU RESIDENTS
- For the purpose of EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 - the "GDPR"), we are a 'data controller' of your personal information.
- You are entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing.
- These rights are limited in some situations — for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information.
- Transfer of data outside EU: CINOA uses Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
This Privacy Statement was last revised on and is effective as of May 25, 2018.