Harvey & Gore was founded in 1723, by Alston and Grayhurst, making it one of London’s oldest privately owned jewellers. The original premises were based in the City above The Blue Boar Inn in Aldgate. The shop sign incorporated a Hogarth cartouche of the Blue Boar, and this remains the company emblem today.
The business is now based in the Burlington Arcade and is run by Alastair and Sally Norman. The Norman family have been associated with the company since 1952.
Harvey & Gore’s stock includes many pieces of fine jewellery from the 17th through to the 20th century. This includes fine antique necklaces, earrings and bracelets, many adorned with diamonds and an array of precious and semi-precious stones. They also carry gentlemen’s jewellery in the form of cufflinks and tiepins with many sporting and military themed pieces among them. They also hold a selection of silver, including Old Sheffield plate, as well as small objects of virtu.
Harvey & Gore have exhibited at a number of antiques fairs around the United Kingdom including the BADA Antiques & Fine Art Fair held at the Duke of York Square in London.